Refrigerators are commonplace in every household throughout Texas. They are a necessity and this appliance can easily malfunction under the right circumstances. With proper maintenance, many problems can be avoided but sometimes refrigerators still suffer minor issues.
Refrigerator Repair Troubleshooting
Southwest Appliance Repair of San Antonio would like to relate common issues, what causes them, and a simple fix you can manage.
1. Refrigerator is cycling too frequently. A common dilemma is the refrigerator is running too often or worse yet, continually. Generally the cause is the condenser coils are shrouded in dust and debris. This is particularly common in areas that are surrounded in dust and have pets within the home.
– To fix the problem, be sure to power OFF the refrigerator for starters. Locate the condenser coils, generally found underneath the refrigerator or behind it. Sometimes the coils are protected by a grill, which is easily popped off. Using a vacuum hose, and a soft brush attachment, clear away the buildup. If there continues to be layers of filth on the coils, use a dry microfiber cloth and wipe away the remainder of the debris. After the condenser coils are clean, replace the grill if applicable and turn on the refrigerator.
2. Refrigerator is leaking water. More often than not, the defrost drainage is system is blocked with food particles and particulates, obstructing the drainage hose. The ice will buildup causing eventual water leakage.
– For a more simply fix, first try feeding warm water from inside the freezer compartment with a small funnel or a turkey baster. If clog persists, apply a little force with a wire hanger or something similar. If this still can’t relieve the clog, you may have to manually inspect the valve at the end of the drainage hose. Clean the valve with warm soapy water, rinse it well and replace it.
3. Refrigerator or the freezer has ice buildup. If the freezer door is left open, the humidity can cause the ice to buildup or a damaged or faulty seal.
– To fix the issue, be sure the freezer door is not left open for long durations. If the seal is the issue, first try cleaning it with warm, soapy water. Dry the seal with a dry towel, and inspect it for any signs of damage. Close the freezer and ensure it is properly sealed. If the seal is the problem, remove the gasket and replace with a new one.
Refrigerator Appliance Repair in San Antonio, Texas
There are countless problems, big and small that can arise with a refrigerator, or any appliance for that matter. Some problems can be easily repaired by the owner, but many require the touch of a licensed professional. If you discover your refrigerator or other appliances are not performing efficiently call Southwest Appliance Repair of San Antonio. Our skilled technician can troubleshoot the dilemma at hand and get it repair quickly and efficiently. Call our Southwest Appliance Repair of San Antonio office today to schedule your appointment to have a certified expert assess and repair your appliance.