Your laundry room is one of the busiest rooms in your home and your washer and dryer inevitably end up working overtime just to keep up with your family’s changing needs and hectic lifestyles. If your laundry room appliances are running at less than optimal performance it could spike your energy costs. The harder your washer and dryer work the more energy is expended, and over time this process will end up costing you your hard earned $$$. Southwest Appliance Repair Service is a major and minor appliance repair company. We are family owned and operated as well as fully licensed and insured. Our trained and experienced technicians expertly repair all brands, makes and models. Washers and dryers require regular maintenance to ensure they are operating safely and efficiently. The experienced and skilled technicians at Southwest Appliance Repair have provided the following simple maintenance tips to help your laundry room appliances conserve energy which will save you money.
Washing Machine Energy Saving Tips
• Whenever possible, wash clothes in cold water, you will save on the energy that would have been used to heat the water.
• Wash full loads. Washing machines use about the same amount of energy regardless of the load size, you will also conserve water by washing one large load instead of several smaller ones.
• Take as much moisture out of your freshly laundered clothes as possible by using your washers high-speed spin cycle. This will result in less drying time in your dryer saving you money.
• Always ensure your washing machine is level to prevent your appliance from overworking during the wash and spin cycle.
• Remove damp clothes from your washer immediately to prevent mold or mildew.
Dryer Energy Saving Tips
• Clean out the dryer’s lint filter to make sure your dryer is functioning at maximum efficiency. A clean filter will also maximize air circulation and could help prevent a potential fire.
• Dry full loads and use the dryer moisture sensor setting. Not only will this protect your clothing from heat damage it will save energy.
• Make sure your dryer is at least 4 inches away from the wall to prevent damage from tears or kinks in the exhaust vent.
• Clean your dryer’s outside exhaust to improve drying time and prevent dryer fires.
• Contact Texas Alliance Repair to replace vinyl dryer exhaust ducts with metal ductwork to reduce fire hazards.
Professional Washer and Dryer Preventative Maintenance Tips in Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Frisco, Allen, Plano, San Antonio & Dallas TX
Your washing machine and dryer require regular maintenance by a professionally trained maintenance and repair man to ensure proper operation and safety. The highly trained technicians at Southwest Appliance Repair will check your washer’s hoses for signs of wear and tear which can cause your hoses to rupture and lead to flooding and water damage within your home. Other washing machine repairs or replacement include motors, switches, pulleys, timers, agitators and many other parts that can wear out over time. Contact Southwest Appliance Repair today and speak with a customer service representative about all of your appliance repair needs. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best appliance service in the industry!