Appliances can be temperamental. One moment they are seemingly fine, until they cease to function. Where sometimes it truly is out of the blue, there can also be red flags that your appliance is in need of repair. With regular maintenance and getting the repairs done as they occur, you can prolong your appliances years beyond their life expectancy. Today, we at Southwest Appliance Repair of San Antonio would like to share some of the red flags that your furnace, specifically is in need of repairs.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repairs
1) Yellow furnace pilot light: In furnaces equipped with a pilot light, you should check on it regularly. The color should maintain a blue flame. If the pilot light changes to a yellow, it is most likely an indication that carbon monoxide is present, and your furnace needs professional repair. If it is yellow, be sure to turn the furnace off to make certain it is not continuing to produce carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a poison gas that is tasteless, odorless, and invisible.
2) Furnace not turning on: Furnaces could be obviously not flipping on, or if it does, it doesn’t work for long. There are a number of reasons as to what happened to your furnace in this occurrence; poor wiring, malfunctioning pilot light, and inoperable fan motor are the primary causes for a faulty furnace. Repairs can often be the remedy.
3) Furnace making loud noises: Furnaces generally run quietly. If they groan, bang, whine, whistle, or omit other unusual sounds, the furnace is not operating at peak performance. The sooner repairs are made, the less damage can be done, which later results in more expenses.
4) Abnormally high energy bills: A fairly good indication that your furnace is not operating correctly is your utility bills are increasingly higher than normal. If your furnace is struggling to run, the more energy it uses. Now you have paid for wasted energy with a furnace that is struggling to operate.
5) Bad air quality: Furnaces can produce dust, mold, and harmful gasses if not properly cared for and maintained. If these harmful contaminates reach your air ducts, people can experience induced allergies, asthma attacks, and flu-like symptoms and all due to a furnace that is not up to par.
6) Insufficient warmth: When your home feels a little nippy, and no matter how much you turn up the thermostat, you can’t get the warmth you want. The furnace’s pilot light, the thermostat, or leaky ducts are most likely the culprits.
8) Furnace age: A well maintained furnace can be expected to run fluidly for anywhere from 10-20 years, depending on the quality. As they age, wear and tear occurs, causing the need for excessive repairs. Anything over 10 years old should be carefully evaluated and observed to take care of the wear and tear. Maintenance is also optimal.
Furnace APPLIANCE REPAIR IN CEDAR PARK, AUSTIN, ROUND ROCK, GEORGETOWN, FRISCO, ALLEN, PLANO, DALLAS & SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
If your furnace is in need of repairs, contact Southwest Appliance Repair of San Antonio, Texas today and let our friendly technicians give you expert repairs.